Thursday, May 8, 2008

This is for you Holly!

What's the best thing you cooked last week?
I suppose I would have to say stir fry, even though it was not all that impressive. I didn't overcook the broccoli like I usually do, so that was good.

If time, money, and babysitting were no object, where would you go, and with who?
I would go to Hawaii with my husband. He would love to see the Pearl Harbor memorial from WWII, and I would love to hang out on the beach. It would be great to bring my kids with a babysitter because I know if I didn't bring them I'd be thinking the whole time that Carter would love to see that...or Lydia would love to taste that...etc, but I would definitely want some alone time with Randall. Ü I would also love to take my kids to Disneyland.

When was the last time you cried?
I'm kind of embarrassed to say, because I really don't cry that often, but it was just last week. Fortunately, since then I've discovered that I'm pregnant so I can blame my little outbreak on that. Besides, we all need to do what we have to do to get babied every now and then, right?

List 5 things you were doing 10 years ago:
This happened to be my favorite year of High School, Jr. Year, and I didn't write in a journal so my memories are not as detailed as Holly's, but here they are:
1. Preparing to go to Prom with Casey Randall, and being SO excited about it. Or possibly already having gone, and having had a great time other than forgetting to wear Mascara of all things, spilling a huge cup of RED slushee on my cream dress, and having my date's only dance be with some girl that was on Prom court with him because we had to race out and get to our show after the Prom announcements.
2. Hanging out with Ryan, Randy, Travis, Jason, Lindsey, and Leah and doing stupid things.
3. Hanging out with my friends from my grade and making videos (or was that sophomore year?), hiding walkee talkees behind pop machines to try to confuse strangers, hanging out at Lindsey's and eating all of their food (which I have since discovered must have been pretty expensive for Lindsey's poor parents), having sleepovers, four wheeling, and just having lots of fun.
4. Deciding I didn't like Casey anymore, until I heard that someone else did, so I would start liking him again...
5. Not being as involved with my family as I should have been, but still loving them all the same.

List 5 things you were doing 5 years ago:
1. Carter was a little over 2 months old and I was FINALLY feeling like I could possibly do this whole Mom thing (even though he didn't sleep for more than 2 hours at a time).
2. Living in my in-laws basement apartment which was actually really fun.
3. Being super excited that Lindsey and Julia were getting married in a couple of months and hoping they would be having babies soon so that I could talk with them about poop and spit up.
4. LOVING being a wife and Mommy.
5. Going through cookbooks and making things like home-made rolls and calzones for dinner that my husband still requests to this day. Unfortunately for him, they've been replaced by instant rice and rotisserie chicken that I picked up from the store on the way home from some errand.

List 5 things you were doing 1 year ago:
1. Getting so excited to have a new baby in the next couple of weeks.
2. Stressing out about having a new baby in the next couple of weeks.
3. Having our driveway replaced and making plans for our fence.
4. Trying to figure out how we're going to pay for our driveway and fence.
5. Feeling guilty that I couldn't do a lot of Lydia's physical therapy exercises because I was the size of a whale.
6. Loving being a wife and Mommy.

List 7 of your favorite hobbies:
I know they're looking for things like playing tennis, or collecting rocks or something, but I don't like any of those things, so here are my hobbies -
1. Eating
2. Cooking in a clean kitchen, and having someone else clean up the mess I make.
3. Scrapbooking
4. Blogging
5. Reading
6. Doing Variety Puzzle books
7. Playing games that don't require a ton of thought or energy.

Name 5 of your favorite foods:
1. Any fruit excluding all melons but watermelon. All fruits have to be the perfect texture in order to be on my favorite foods list. No mushy warm apples, gritty pears, dry oranges, etc. are allowed. I especially like strawberries, raspberries, and perfectly ripe and cold watermelon.
2. Grandpa Jensen or Bob's mashed potatoes with either Bob's fried chicken or Grandpa's marinated turkey. Grandpa's creamed potatoes and peas are also acceptable.
3. Chicken madiera at the Cheesecake factory.
4. Chicken alfredo at the Olive Garden.
5. Lettuce wraps and almond cashew chicken at PF Changs.
Why didn't they give us 7 Favorites for this one instead of the hobbies category? I could have thought of 7 Favorite foods A LOT easier than hobbies.
Name 5 places that you have been:
This is really sad, but here they are -
1. Southern Nevada
2. Utah
3. Tiajuana
4. Southern California
5. Billings Montana/Yellowstone

List 5 of your favorite memories:
1. My wedding day.
2 My children's births (yes, even Lydia's C-section and Meleah's natural delivery).
3. High School - what I realize now was a very care-free time even though I thought I was stressed.
4. College - after I came home from SUU and was working at Safekey with all my friends, and spending hours and hours in a hot tub at Julia's house.
5. Dating Randall. I still have to bring out his old e-mails occasionally to reminisce about how sweet he was to me. Ü
6. I have to add another one and say that although I complain, I have totally LOVED these last five years watching my children grow and laughing at the things they say and do (which totally overshadow the times when I'm screaming and crying about the things they say and do).
I'm tagging Cari, Laura, Tara, Steve & Jess, Taryn & Ben, Jana, Rachel, Mom & Dad, Mindy, Heather, Erica, and anyone else that hasn't done this yet.

8 comments:

Ben and Taryn said...

That is such a great post and I can't wait to start thinking about what I'm going to write. Thanks for the tag!

Me said...

Oh, yours was so good! I love all the pictures that go along with everything. You're so cute! I remember that prom with Casey & how you forgot your mascara. haha I couldn't even tell, but you were kind of upset about it. I also used to think high school was so stressful, & now realize it wasn't at all. It was almost like a fun kind of stress, if that makes sense. Thanks for doing the tag, you're the best!!

Me said...

and it was such a treat to see your title! all for me!? ahh, thanks

Lindsey said...

I have like all those same pictures somewhere. Did we like get doubles or something? Did you notice I ommitted What were you doing ten years ago in my post? And I forgot to tag anyone else!

Rachel said...

Oh man.. I've never been very good at 'tag' Ü Maybe this kind will be better.

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

This was so cute!I love all the pictures that go along with it. That is so great. I love these kinds of tags because you get to know people better. Thanks for the tag. :)

Rachel said...

I like the comment you made about your baby countdown! It made me laugh :)Because, let's face it... your baby is a little weird-looking right now, but we all know it will look WAY cuter than that in several months. You and Randall only make adorable ones, so you don't have to worry about that! I guess it couldn't hurt to move it down on your blog for a couple months though too :) ha ha ha Love ya!

Lindsey said...

Candice, I am getting really sick of checking your blog only to see the same old post! Sorry I'm so rude, but, seriously, you need an update. :)