Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I've Never Been Very Good at Math

Apparently
1 40-min. nursing/snuggle session
+
1 "Do-wa Mooo-vie"
+
2 "comfy seats wif bwankies"
+
2 bags of gummy bears
(Yes, GUMMY BEARS!)
 
DOES NOT
=
1 un-interrupted shower

Silly me for thinking that it would.  It's okay though, because someday I'll step out of  a nice long, luxurious shower into a warm steamy room and think:

I wish this was a drafty cold  room, with the door wide open and a toddler saying "I need a go potty weally, weally bad!" and a baby screaming in the background, while I'm trying to remember if I rinsed the conditioner out of my hair... 

Right?
Yes, my living room is a disaster.  I usually try to tidy up the background of the picture at least, but it seemed appropriate to leave it for this post. 

Side Note:  It's only 10:23 and I've already gotten the kids off to school, washed 2 loads of laundry, blogged, AND showered!  It's gonna be a GREAT day!

Update:  1:35 pm
Maybe not a GREAT day...
Yep, she's wearing a different shirt.  She spilled Lydia's entire bottle of earring cleaner on her original outfit.  ;)
 
Silver Lining:  3 more batches of laundry done, Savanna used my old, crappy, dried out - just keep around in case you can't find your good mascara  - mascara (Not the one I just opened last week), AND she now looks like this -
 


3 comments:

jen said...

Hahahaha!!! Candice, you are awesome! One of these days you'll have all your kids out of the house, and you can enjoy all the long luxurious showers you want, a clean house, and know for certain whether you rinsed the cream rinse from your hair. ;) You are amazing that you've already accomplished laundry, nursing/snuggle time, and a shower. I'm still in my PJ's, on the computer trying to ignore the endless pile of laundry. :)

Ben and Taryn said...

Those long showers are not all they're cracked up to be. I miss those wondering about conditioner and baby crying days. Enjoy them while you have them.

Jillayne Clements said...

Candice, I love your post! You have a wonderful way with words to express mommy moments.