My little Cameron is getting SO big, I just HAVE to do a little update. He's become very independent, and LOVES to get himself dressed. I've also decided that his favorite color is orange, because he ALWAYS chooses an orange shirt if there's one available. My laundry pile has doubled because, like his sister Meleah, he thinks he needs to change 5-6 times per day...
He and Meleah still NEED a nap every day or they eventually just zonk out somewhere around the house. This has made 1:00 church a bit of a trial, but it's still better than 9:00!
Fortunately, our new bench is a little more comfortable than our old one -
Cameron was REALLY easy to potty train once we figured out a little communication issue we were having. After all the years of me saying "Are you poopy, or just wet?" in reference to his diaper, he established that pee = wet. Therefore, when we kept telling him to put the pee-pee in the potty, he had no clue what we were talking about. When he HAPPENED to pee in the potty (after what seemed like hundreds of unsuccessful times) Lydia said, "Good job Cameron! You pee'd in the potty!" to which he replied: "NO! It's just wet!" Every time after that, we told him to get "the wet" in the potty, and he hasn't had a problem since. We actually have tried to explain to him that pee is the same as "wet" but he refuses to believe it. He still says "Mom, I get poop and wet!" every time he needs to be wiped. On a side note, does anyone else let their other kids join in on the potty training fun as a "cheering section" if you will. It's probably inappropriate, but oh well.
FUNNY PHRASES:
"I want some more bunny (gummy) bears."
"Can I kiss you on the teek (cheek)?" - He actually likes to kiss both cheeks before he goes to bed.
"I unto do-it myself!"
"I hab (have) it first!"
"Look Mom! I have a mustamash! (mustache)"
"No dank you" (with accompanying "the force" hand wave)
"Dupid dogs!" - (For some reason, Cameron gets REALLY annoyed when our neighbors cute little dogs bark at us when we're loading into the car.)
"You dead!"
"Strawberries are not my fray-bit (favorite) Mom." (That one hurt a little.)
"I little baby, I not big."
"Carter cry me, Mom!"
"headache" = forehead
"cozy-cozies" = footed pajamas
Our little Cam-Cam-Caroni is SO happy and playful all the time, and we just LOVE him to pieces!
Eggs eggs eggs
3 years ago

1 comment:
Super cute little boy!
Post a Comment